Thursday, 23 January 2014

Grammar review

Present simple:
We use present simple for routines.
+ =
Subject (I/You/They/We) + Verb (infinitive)
Subject (He/She/It) + Verb+(s/es)
- = Subject + Don't + Verb (infinitive)
? = Do + Subject + Verb (infinitive)?

Time expressions:
- Usually
- Normally
- Every day


Ex:
Said plays football
Said don't play football
Do Said play football?

Present continuous:
We use present cotineous for actions that we are doing now.
+ = Subject + BE + Verb+ING
- = Subject + BE + not + Verb+ING
? = BE + Subject + Verb+ING?

Time expressions:
- Now
- Right now
- Today
- At present

Ex:
We are studying english.
We aren't studying english.
Are we studying english?

Past simple:
We use past simple for past actions
+ = Subject + Verb+ED/2nd column
- = Subject  + Didn't + Verb (infinitive)
? = Did + Subject + Verb (infinitive)?

Time expressions:
- Yesterday
- Last week
- Last year

Ex:
He did her homework.
He didn't do her homework.
Did He do her homework.

Future will:
We use will for predictions.
+ = Subject + Will + Verb (infinitive)
- = Subject  +  Won't + Verb (infinitive)
? = Will + Subject + Verb (infinitive)

Time expressions:
- Later
- In the future
- Next month

Ex:
I will arrive later.
I won't arrive later.
Will I arrive later?

Be Going To:
We use this for actions that we know what will happen.
+ = Subject + BE + Going to + Verb (infinitive)
- = Subject + BE + Not + Going to + Verb (infinitive)
? = Be +Subject + Going to + Verb (infinitive)

Time expressions:
- At this time
- Tomorrow

Ex:
I'm going to sleep this night.
I'm not going to sleep this night.
Am I going to sleep this night?

No comments:

Post a Comment